I now enabled SQL-interface to table-reorg.
The syntax (which is the same for other partition mgm) is
ALTER ONLINE TABLE T ADD PARTITION PARTITIONS N;
Also switched so that hashmap partitioning is used for all tables created using SQL.
And mysql-test-run works (including a new ndb_add_partition-test)
(except for some range/list partition testcases)
it's still kind of fragile. Error handling is sparse...
there are 3 known things which are easy to fix
- ndbapi transaction hinting/pruning does not work after/during a reorg
- unique indexes will not work after/during a reorg
- only 1 reorg per table is possible (SUMA caches distribution information incorrectly)
and one quite hard
- cluster crash *during* table-reorg
current plan is
1) fix 3 easy known problems
2) fix error handling
3) write detailed test program (pushed back again!)
MySQL Performance : 8.0 on IO-bound OLTP_RW vs Percona Server 5.7 - This article is inspired by Percona blog post comparing MySQL 8.0 and Percona Server 5.7 on IO-bound workload with Intel Optane storage. There are several ...
16 hours ago